After reading The Happiness Advantage (a book by Shawn Achor on positive psychology) I started writing a list of good things in my life each day. This is a great way to boost happiness if you do it daily and sincerely write down points. I always write down the following in addition to three things I’m grateful for:
1)I’ll make something good out of every “bad” situation
2) I will not have self-confidence but God-confidence (The belief that God loves me and therefore I should believe in His belief in me)
3) I am what I believe
4) I am in control of my thoughts and feelings, my happiness and confidence.
Then the three things I’m grateful for today:
- I am thankful for God who teaches me to be good
- I am thankful for my mom’s smiles and positive attitude
- I am thankful for my friend Shannay and her engaging personality.
Hope this post proved helpful. What are you grateful for? Would you incorporate this into your daily life?